In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Blue Hill Historical Society

Charles Wescott's blacksmith shop, Blue Hill, ca. 1955

Contributed by Blue Hill Historical Society
MMN Item 33403 Item Details
Charles Wescott's blacksmith shop, Blue Hill, ca. 1955
MMN Item 33403 Zoom

Description

The building was built in the 1880s. It is located on Mill Stream at Main Street. It was bought by Charles Wescott in 1910. Mr. Wescott is standing in one of the doorways to the shop. His blacksmith shop was a Blue Hill landmark for around 50 years until his death in 1959. The building has housed a restaurant since 1978.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.